I’m not a big pie fan. Personally, I don’t think fruit was meant to be cooked. I can’t stand it when it’s warm and mushy, which means that pie and I? We don’t get along very well. The only kinds of pie I enjoy are pumpkin, banana cream, coconut cream, and one of my personal favs – pecan pie. It’s like an explosion of caramely, sugary, yumminess. That’s why when Zachary and I got a taste of these pecan pie truffles, we were instantly hooked. I had to give most of them away or I would have eaten all of them. You will love them, I promise.
Best Pecan Pie Truffles
Prep Time 1 hr
Cook Time 2 hrs 30 mins
Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. bourbon
- 7 ounces good dark chocolate chopped (do not use chocolate chips)
- extra finely chopped pecans for sprinkling
- To toast pecans: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread on large baking sheet and place in oven for 6-7 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool, then finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt. Add the maple syrup, bourbon and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Form the mixture into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a cookie sheet and put in freezer for 2 hours.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Dip frozen balls into melted chocolate using a dipping tool or a fork. Tap the the dipping tool or fork on the side of the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off. Place on prepared sheet. Sprinkle each truffle with some extra finely chopped pecans. Put in refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Best Pecan Pie Truffles #Best #Pecan #Pie #Truffles Dessert Recipes Easy, Dessert Recipes Healthy, Dessert Recipes For A Crowd, Dessert Recipes Peach, Dessert Recipes Simple, Dessert Recipes Best, Dessert Recipes Fall, Dessert Recipes Chocolate, Dessert Recipes For Summer, Dessert Recipes Videos, Dessert Recipes No Bake, Dessert Recipes Fancy, Dessert Recipes Cake,